MATT GREENE a.k.a. "Matty"
EVP/ Lifestyle Operations
Matt is an onion; peel back the hip, stylish veneer and he's a renaissance man who meditates regularly, and focuses on healthy living both in mind and body. He's always reading something. Books topping his list currently are: Three Essays on Universal Law: The Laws of Karma, Will, and Love and The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari. He believes that life is about a journey and the best things in life aren't things. And the two things he's most passionate about are his daughters Makenzie and Sydney.
Matt enjoys working with the Evolution Hospitality team because he thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and is constantly amazed by the energy, passion and talent by which he is surrounded. He also believes you have to be able to laugh at yourself and not take yourself too seriously.
Matt couldn't pick just one favorite Guiding Principle. His top two are "Focus on what's important, not urgent" and "Test it... don't be afraid to fail." That makes perfect sense when you consider Matt loves to work hard and play hard. He believes success comes from focusing on the important things by not getting distracted, and likes to take calculated risks trying bold new ideas because they have the most potential for massive success.
- Evolution Hospitality, 2011 - Present
- EVP, Operations
- SVP, Operations
- VP, Operations, 2011 - 2016
- Tarsadia Hotels, 2008 - 2011
- Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, 2006 - 2008
- W Hotels Worldwide, 2005 - 2006
- Gemstone Resorts International, 2004 - 2005
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, 2001 - 2003
- Wyndham Worldwide, 1995 - 2000
- The Phoenician Resort, 1991 - 1993